by Maxwell Paddington
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The American Psychiatric Association has added Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) to the 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
According to Dr. Macon Bank, the criteria for TDS diagnosis includes:
Since November 8, 2016, there has been a grief response characterized by intense preoccupation with thoughts of Donald Trump with at least 3 of the following symptoms experienced to a clinically significant degree, nearly every day:
- Identity disruption (e.g., feeling as though part of oneself has died)
- Marked sense of disbelief about Donald Trump
- Avoidance of reminders that Donald Trump is President
- Intense emotional pain (e.g., anger, bitterness, sorrow) related to Donald Trump
- Difficulty moving on with life (e.g., problems engaging with friends, pursuing interests, planning for the future)
- Emotional numbness
- Feeling that life is meaningless
- Intense loneliness (i.e., feeling alone or detached from others)
The disturbance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning. The duration of the reaction clearly exceeds expected social, cultural or religious norms for the individual’s culture and context.
An Article 107 News Publication
The best place to get the facts before they happen!
Article 107 of the military’s Uniform Code of Military Justice covers “False Official Statements.” As our name implies, we are a satirical site, and you shouldn’t think anything we publish is real. You should, however, mercilessly mock anyone who does. You can follow Article 107 News on Twitter at @Article107News. If you’re looking for real news, check out our sister site The Havok Journal. Or you can visit us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter at @HavokJournal.